Wednesday 26 October 2011

Together, part 2: Daydreaming

This is ds106 assignment on writing a fanfic about another blogger, taken one step further by being a continuing story written in parts without prior planning, and via the revolving effort of 2 bloggers going back and forth.

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, to be continued...

"I just got home and set the keys to the front door down on the dining table. It's quiet now with no one else in the house; my husband left just a few minutes ago with his black office bag and our son Casey in tow. He's going to drop him off at the nearby elementary school before going to work.

I started tidying up the dining table, just a little before I had to set off myself. Cups, dishes, cutlery, into the sink for the time being and then the several strewn bits of paper and markers that Casey had been playing with during his morning meal. He's always drawing! I picked up the loose sheets and took a look at what he had scribbled; all the images were of Vanilla Cat, a character from a game that Casey had really been getting into lately. Some of the images were a bit different from the actual character, and maybe it's just a mother's bias but I think he actually did a really good job. I guess it's no surprise since his dad is a character designer for a game company...maybe our Casey will grow up to be an artist too. That would be nice.

Original illustration by Casey Swadloon.

I was sitting there, slightly crumpled piece of paper in hand and sort of daydreaming about what our Casey would be like a few years from now. He only just started elementary school, but then again it seemed like just days ago that he was rolling around in his crib, not yet able to walk or speak. He seemed so fragile then! So maybe thinking about how our son would be like a few years from now would be nothing more than a daydream, and who knows how he would change as he grows up and makes more friends at school, finds different hobbies... Maybe he'll even put the Vanilla Cat character aside! ...although I kind of wish he wouldn't because truth be told I'm kind of fond of the little white cat myself.

Still, who knows? Lately he's been getting into the Pokemon cartoons on TV, and daddy promised to bring him to the Pokemon Center over the weekend so maybe that'll be his next craze. It's impossible to say!

Pokemon Center

Still, whatever Casey gets into I'm sure he'll still be our good little boy. Even after he's all grown up which might not be something he'd like us to say in front of him (you know how kids get about that sort of thing!), but I'm sure that my husband and I will always see our little Casey as the good little boy who likes a little white Vanilla Cat.

Oh but look at the time! I guess I got too caught up in my thoughts and spent just a little too long daydreaming! I rushed out of the house hoping to catch the next bus in time, but not before taking one of Casey's drawings and putting it carefully into my purse. Maybe on the way back I'll stop by the photo shop and have them frame it. And then we can all decide where would be the best place to display our little boy's art."

Original illustration by Casey Swadloon.

Go to Part 3.

9 comments:

  1. What do you wanna eat for dinner daddy?
    Cssey will get home around 16:30.

    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm...anything's fine, but you've been wanting gyoza recently right? How about that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...thats sound nice!!
    Casey loves to eat Karaage, so I will make that too.

    What time you gonna get home?

    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little later than usual today, maybe around 7:30? If you or Casey get hungry first you guys can go ahead okay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Casey couldnt wait til you get home, so he is eating dinner now.
    Can you buy soy sauce at SEIYU before coming back to home?

    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soy sauce. Got it. Do you need anything else? Be back in just under an hour~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if they know their text messages are winding up on the internet for the whole world to see?? :)

    So much creativity!

    Your combined effort is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing else.
    Casey is waiting you to come back.
    Be safe daddy.

    Mommy

    ReplyDelete